In reading "The Story of an Hour" By Kate Chopin I thought this story was interesting and thought provoking because it gets you first, with Mrs. Mallard having a heart condition so you think she is going to die. But then she goes on to tell you that Mr. Mallard dies. So my assumtion was all wrong. But yet the story takes another turn and Mr. Mallared isnt really dead. But then Mrs. Mallard does die from her heart condition. So though I thought my assumption to be wrong I was really right, but the story took me for a turn.I also think that Chopin used alot of great describing words to show how the emotion of her husbands death comes over her. From the way she stands in the window to the way she was in her sisters arms.The the way she cried from finding out that her husband was died and then again when she found he was alive.
After reading "The Story of an Hour" a second time my thoughts did not change I still feel the same about it. I am a little confused on why they would tell Mrs. Mallard that her husband was dead if they didnt have evidence but that was it.
Monday, January 12, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment